Thursday, February 24, 2011

A bit of an update - weather an'more

First - from the mom.
When I got off work at 3:30 and even
part way home, it had been drizzling off and on all day but
had stopped by then.  HOWEVER-
on the way home, the car started getting pelted with ice pellets.  
By the time I got home- 
a light covering on the driveway.


Less than an hour later, when I wheeled Shiloh out in his crate to go to the vet, there was over an inch of ice and snow on the driveway and 
it is still coming down. 
A word about Shiloh'n the vet-
he just went this evening because he is boarding there
overnite - tomorrow he will get his dental cleaning.
In the meantime I am having a new range delivered tomorrow so
I will be home all day with Shasta-
I am so thankful it turned out that way because she has NEVER been separated from him for that long.

NOW - a werd via telepathic wavestream frum 
b-hind enemy linez-
SHILOH here-
I'm not shure what happened.
Mom came home frum werk az uzual'n
she let me'n Shasta outside.
May-b thoze ice pelletz hittin'us had sumthin'tu du with this.
Then the next thin'I nu, mom wuz puttin'that harness thin'on me.
Then out the door we went an'I had tu 
git in my ATB
(All-Terrain Beagle mobile)
I had no idea where we were goin'until
we gotz tu the vet.
I saw mom hand that rope'thin'tu the vet lady an'then MOM LEFT-
Yes, that'z rite-
WITHOUT ME BUTT
b-4 mom left, 
I herd them talkin'bout sum doggy gittin'a toofiez cleanin'- poor chap. 
More later - that vet lady iz bringin'me my dinner-
wunder if it will b bread'n water?
B bak tumorrow
~Shiloh~

Az fer SHASTA-
Oh dear - where IZ my big bro?
Oh well - guess I'll just wait tu c what happenz'n
in the meantime-
ENJOY **MY ALONE TIME WITH MOM**
Yep - just little ol'me - ALL by myself-
mom iz ALL MINE!
BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

~Shasta~

(Note from mom - I know a dental cleaning is kind of a routine thing but anytime a dog of mine goes under anesthesia, I worry - alot.  My sister lost a little 10-week old Westie pup when under anesthesia for what should have been a minor procedure - getting the dew claws removed since the breeder didn't do it and my sis has had other Westies who got their dew claws stuck in the carpet.  We both think there was negligence by the vet since the pup's health records had been combined with my sis's adult Westie.  ANYWHO - would it be too silly to ask for a little prayer for Shiloh - the last time he was under was when he got neutered at less than one year - he's almost 8 now.
Thank you.)

11 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

We have that yukky weather coming our way..stay warm
Benny & Lily

Pepsi the Lazy Bum said...

Enjoy the time you have with your Mommy alone, Shasta! Shiloh's gonna be back before you know it. Stay warm efurryone!

I understand your worries, and I'm keeping Shiloh in my thoughts that he come out all good, and toothies clean!

Woofs,
Pepsi

The Daily Pip said...

My paws are crossed that things go well with the dental. I have to have one soon. My mom hates putting me under, too.

Your pal, Pip

JacksDad said...

Here is hoping for the best and a very quick recovery!

Jenner said...

We have a blizzard forcast to hit tomorrow. *sigh* ANOTHER one.

Anonymous said...

We've got some of that stuff here today. And mom says peoples do NOT remember how to drive in it cuz we've hardly had any of it here this year.

I'm glad you and Shasta gots to stay home together today and my paws are crossed for Shiloh. But I know everything's gonna be A-okay with him. Mommies are so cute with the way they worry and stuff.

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

Oskar said...

Nope, never silly to ask for the Power of the Paw. Anything like this can be scary! We'll be praying.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

3 doxies said...

Oh I is so sorry I gots heres late and couldn't gives you support while Shilo was under! My mum gets all freaked out bouts dat anastethesia stuffs too so we understand how you feels. It is skeerey!

Shasta I sure hopes you had fun withs your mom. Ya'll could order pizza, drink, beer, and play beauty parlor...hehehe!

Puddles

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

We hope you all stay safe in the upcoming bad weather!

And our paws will be crossed :)

Al - Rudy's Brother

Maddy and Owen said...

Hope your weather gets warmer and we hope Shiloh does well with his cleaning...thinking good thoughts :)
Wags,
Maddy and Owen

Anonymous said...

Hope all went well at the VETs. This weather has been the pits:(