Sunday, October 14, 2012

A QUIK PUPDATE ON THE DIVA SHASTA

Sorry this is late, no real excuse - Shasta is doing better.  In fact at times it seems like she improves by the hour   We did go to the vet Saturday morning - he checked her reflexes then gently pressed along her spine - reflexes some improved and no spinal pain.  I almost felt silly taking her in altho there are a few times she still exhibits behavior that is very un-Shata like.  my sister was able to pick up on that when she picked us up at the vet's.  Shasta is moving - walking and trotting - more voluntarily and even slowly taking the two steps down from my deck.  Friday morning before I left for work, I had to go hunt her down in the backyard to bring her in - a little while ago when she and Shiloh were both out back - when I opened the door to get them in, BOTH Shiloh'n Shasta were there at the door waiting to come in.  So, making sure I keep her warm, lots of rest and a little anti-inflammatory meds, are doing wonders.  One time yesterday, when Shasta was laying on her bed, she must have heard something outside - she got up, started her Beagle howl and trotted over to the window with her tail straight up, eventually wagging it.  Just Friday nite, when I was getting their dinner in the kitchen - she stayed laying down in the living room while Shiloh was eagerly watching me - last nite when I was in the kitchen fixing their dinner, I had four eyes intently waiting for a crumb to hit the floor.  When I was sitting on the floor in front of the tv, she walked over to sit with me.  Now when I let her outside, she trots across the deck to go down the steps.  At this rate, she will be back to her usual self in no time.  Now I just NEED to watch her so she doesn't overdue - easier said then done.
~Mom Kim~

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news and maybe it was just a strain. Have a super Sunday.
Best wishes Molly

Dexter said...

That is good news. I, too, have arrived at the vet knowing something was "off" with one of my dogs, but being hard pressed for them to exhibit vet-worthy symptoms at the time.

It does sound like she might have fallen or twisted in a bad way. Keeping her quiet, that is hard, and, from my experience, something you need to do for longer than she will like.

Mango Momma

GOOSE said...

That is good news. Keep improving.
Blessings,
Goose

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

THIS is excellent news. It just goes to show that you can't keep a Diva Down.
Pawhaps she just had some AFTER BIRFDAY PAWTY effects. OR her gorgeous DIVA Crown might have been too heavy... from all the GENUINE DIAMONDS..

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious. Maybe her body was reacting to all the moisture or the barometric pressure changes with this weekend's storms?? Mom says her bones sure do react to those changes.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

glad to hear she has improved and that each day she is better and better!

Agnes B. Bullock said...

Wonderful news!

Kari in Alaska said...

We love hearing the great news

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Two French Bulldogs said...

Yea, we are happy you have good news for Shasta
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

Yea Mom, don't let the Diva overdue anything, you care very good care of her for us!!!

Your Pals
Susie & Bites

Reuben said...

Keep going Shasta, you's gonna be better in no time I is sure!

Love,
Reuben

Life with Wrigs said...

So happy to hear Shasta is feeling better! Hope she continues to improve. :-)

Susan and Wrigs

Bassetmomma said...

Great news! I sure hope she keeps improving. I know it's hard to keep them from overdoing it though. There's nothing better than when you can feel all eyes on you again! :)

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

So happy to hear that Shasta is getting back to normal! So sorry for your scare. We're still working to get Jed's latest nasty infected leg wound under control, but he's finally starting to make some slow progress towards healing. Shasta, behave and don't hurt your back again!

Jed & Abby