Monday, October 29, 2012

Mom on Monday - roller coaster weekend

Lately this blog has been nothing but mom - I hope that changes soon, especially since The DIVA Shasta's birthday month is about over.


This past weekend has been somewhat of a roller-coaster.  The last post I left was Friday and at that time, Shiloh was improving and acting kinda like his old self.  When I got home Friday, he greeted me at the kitchen door - tail wagging and even trying to jump up a little for a biscuit.  After being out for a bit and by the time I left for the grocery store a half hour after I got home, he was walking around - occasionally crying out in pain, restless and unable to relax and walking again with a little hunch in his back.  This would happen a couple more times over the weekend mixed in with periods of what I first reported on Friday.  Then yesterday, I hope was a bit of a break-through as he and Shasta were out in the bakyard. They must have spotted something on the other side of the privacy fence behind the Dollar General store behind us as they BOTH began RUNNING back and forth along our fence - barking like usual and Shiloh jumping up and leaning against the fence.  I know I should have had a leash on him to prevent this but I did make him go in the house almost as soon as this started.  Since that happened, there have been NO repercussions.  Shiloh walks around normally, no yelping-no whining.  He has finished his first course of anti-inflammatory and the other meds are given now as needed - none have been needed since yesterday afternoon. So I hope everything stays good now with Shiloh.  

I feel like I have been ignoring The DIVA Shasta-
especially stealing her limelight this past weekend.  She achieved a milestone this past Saturday - actually she has been there before but because of all my eye problems the past two years, her therapy dog status expired earlier this year and I have not had a chance to renew it.  Well, as of this past Saturday - October 27th, 2012, she once again PASSED her evaluation for therapy dog and will once again begin her visits (when mom gets her butt in gear and gets the registration done).  HOWEVER - even now I am afraid I have to cut this short to get ready for work.

 

8 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Hooray for Shasta!!

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Good fur you, Shasta!

Shiloh, did you pop your back into place??? Hope you're on the road to recovery!

Scooter said...

Hey Shiloh!
Wow, sounds like that zoomie did you some good! I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'm sending more healing vibes just to be sure.
Hey Shasta!
Wow, congrats on updating your status! I bet you're a great therapy pooch. Great job!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Debra@Peaceabull said...

Great news to top a busy weekend! Hope the healing keeps up and congrats to Miss Diva on renewing her Therapy dog status!

Unknown said...

Great news and we hope with a little rest and not too much excitement all will be back to normal. Have a lovely Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

This is GRRRRRREAT news fur BOTH of you!!

Dachshund Nola said...

Yay for Shasta!
Nola

Unknown said...

We think it was all a ploy for Shiloh to get extra cuddles! Nah we're only joking, we hope he gets better super soon!
Lots of love from Indigo and Malach