Friday, November 20, 2009

Sooooooo POOPED - tired that iz

Shiloh Beaglebrat here - I wuz over at All God's Creatures - home of Sitka'n Nanuq they r therapy dogz) 'n they were talkin' about their therapy dog vizit which got me tu thinkin' about r'z so I d-sided tu write a bit about it.

I am POOPED, az in tired. Mom haz desided that r visiting shood all b dun in one week then off a week then on a week’n so forth. Yesterday afternoon we went tu the Hospice place’n we didn’t stay in just one area there – nooooooo, mom took me tu 3 different areaz. The furst buildin’ we went tu, mom sez it iz kalled a daycare but it iz fer adultz who need that. Yesterday wuz really tuff on me cuz they had cooked a turkey for a Thanksgiving meal they’z havin’ tuday’n made sum piez’n I cood smell all that – I wanted tu find it but mom wood’nt let me. One of the ladies there did share her ‘naner with me tho’ – I love ‘nanerz. Oh dear – I fergot tu tell u about Miss Vicky – she izn’t a client there – she werks there. She iz the ferst person we see when we git there’n she almost ALWAYZ haz a couple of treatz fer me. I du my triks fer her’n anyone else waitin’ there. She iz so nice to me’n – iz always happy tu see us. Yesterday, I even shook paw’s with one of the client’z waitin’ there. Ok – bak tu the clientz – there wuz one lady there, I sat by her fer sumtime – she kept tellin’ me what such a good boy I wuz (Mom wood say sumtimez he iz but that’z just mom). I sat there by her’s she scratched the top of my head a little’stroked my earz – then she had tu go home. A bit later mom took me to anuther house – this iz where the people stay when they can’t go home. I don’t always git much of a chance tu visit with them but the families and people that werk there shure like me coming to visit. There wuz even a young girl there playing music on the big blak table – while mom’n me listened tu the pretty music, I danced ‘round’n ‘round – we all enjoyed it. When mom’n me were gittin’ ready tu leave – mom opened the door’n one of them pesky squirrelz ran rite across the sidewalk in front of us – we wuz almost out the door’n I wuz so surprised. Mom pulled me bak in’n pulled the door shut b-4 I cood alert anyone. That wuz either one brave or very stoopid squirrel tu be there at the same time I wuz. Then we went bak in’n found a way tu go downstairs. That iz another area of the hospice where people can stay fer just a couple of dayze. We visited down there tu fer a bit but not long since r ride wuz picking us up soon. So we told them all good-bye then walked bak tu where r ride wood be waitin’ fer us.

Ok – that wuz longer than suppose tu be – we went tu a nursing home the night b-4 that but I will wait fer anuther time – I need a nap.

3 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Now I want to know just how it is that two such sweet and caring K-9's who do soooo much for two leggers, ended up being called BRATZ??? You certainly are not. You are wonderful.
That is MY story and I'm stickin' to it!!

The Schnauzer Brothers said...

Hi Shasta and Shiloh!

Thanks SO much for your entry into our 'bootie-licious' competion! Sorry we haven't got back sooner, but our humans have been on holiday - sigh!

We'll let you know when the voting starts - good luck!

Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Hi There ... I'm Sugar. Just found your blog and enjoyed reading your older posts. I was a Therapy dog for 5 years visiting nursing homes. She plans to me join in an organization that read to small children next year. Looking forward to your visit to my blog and your friendship. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar