Thursday, December 12, 2013

A LATE Thankful Thursday from Mom Kim

First, we will hear a brief word from the Beaglebratz -

Thanx mom. 
The above pikchure wuz taken by our aunt sis when we were over there - we THOUGHT 
we wuz there tue just vizit with our 
fur cuzin Bailie'n
git in sum speshal playtime
we soon notised a couple thingz-

1 - MOM wuz NOT there
2 - WE BEAGLEBRATZ did NOT go home that nite!

Now don't git us wrong - Bailie iza great doggie tue play with'n we love stayin'with aunt sis -
NOT all nite an'NOT without OUR mom!
The Case of The Missin'Mom!

Ok - so we Beaglebratz will now turn this bak tue our mom an'she will fill u in on what happened.

Thank you Shiloh'n Diva Shasta - so now I will solve The Case of The Missing Mom - I'm su:re to Shiloh and Diva Shasta I was missing but I really wasn't to anyone else.

This past Tuesday morning I woke up and got ready for work - I did seem to be a little more tired than usual but I figured it was just due to getting over whatever bug kept me home from work the day before.  Besides the tiredness didn't seem much worse than what I usually feel getting up at 5:30am.  So at 7am on Tuesday (12/10) when my ride picked me up, I went on to work as usual.  It was a little after  9:30a when I got off the phone with my sis and then a couple of minutes before 10a when you could say I had my feet suddenly give way - I had stood up to take my usual break and get something to drink - all things my morning routine is made of only THIS morning was NOT routine.  I did start feeling a little strange but I thought getting away, going for a short walk, getting something to drink would all help the feeling go away - WRONG!  I never made it away from my desk - at least not until a couple of my coworkers and the ambulance EMTS helped me out to the hallway where I was helped on to a stretcher then taken to the waiting ambulance.  Of course all this seemed so unreal to me - from passing out and being almost completely unresponsive to being taken to the hospital ER by ambulance to being told by the heart doctor that they were admitting me overnight for observation - I mean come on people, that's something you see on TV or at the movies or you read about it happening to OTHERS.  Then when they told me that my tests came back normal except for 1 lab test that was only 2 points off - I thought ok, the doc would change his mind and let me go home to rest - NOT A CHANCE!

So there is not a whole lot more to this mystery. Yep - I was admitted but it was only for overnight - was discharged a little after 12:30 on Wednesday (12/11). I guess when the heart doctor saw my echocardiogram that had been done late Tuesday afternoon - after I was in a room - and the report said that there was no change from the previous report in 2010 (I have Aortic Valve Stenosis) then he decided I really didn't need to be there anymore - plus I know from my years working in medical records - insurance would not cover much more.  And I didn't really feel like I needed to be there as long as I was anyway.  Oh, since I wasn't really clear about what happened that led to this - I passed out - yes, my feet went out from under me - I collapsed on the floor beside my desk then my coworkers helped me stand then they moved me into a chair where they still could not get a clear response from me - total time was almost 5 minutes which is when the ambulance arrived.  Talk about F-R-E-A--K-Y!!! 
Feels kind of weird talking about some other medical problem instead of the problems with my eye.
I came home Wednesday afternoon and my sis brought the Beaglebratz home less than an hour later - I am sooooooo grateful to her for taking them in - I know it had to be weird to them too.
Just thank the good Lord above for bringing us all back together again, safely. 

Ok - we all need to get to bed - need some rest but still feeling so much better than Monday nite.  Oh by the way - speaking of my eye problem (now I'm in familiar territory) this past Monday when I felt so bad and was off work, aalso saw my eye doc -the same one who had only days before had said he didn't expect much improvement in that epithelial defect (skin tear) on my cornea - wll he DID see a BIG improvement in less than ONE week - that defect has shrunk to less than half the size it was.  YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Ok - bedtime now


Unknown said...

Oh no we are so sorry you have not been well. We send healing vibes and you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Best wishes Molly

Everycat said...

I just dropped by to send you some rumbly purrs for your poorly eye and hope that you are ok and have no more passings out! That musta been scary!


3 doxies said...

OMD...OMD...I is so sorry you haded such a skeery episode but thank dog you is home on da mend! I can't imagine how skeered you was and heck, your co workers too.
Nows lets da Beagles cuddles you cuz dat fixes everything.
Glad you are okays.


Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

We hope u r feeling much better now. That sounded like a scary thing to faint like that at work.

Timmy Tomcat said...

We are sending purrs that this odd thing does not happen again. Our Nursey Man Dad says that when he worked in ER every now and again someone would come in with a similar happening.
Now the best part
Never to be seen again.
Purrs and Happy Holidays to you and Beagle Boys
Timmy Tomcat and Family

Pip said...

Me is sorry you had a nap in the middle of standing up. Mine mommy has this some times, her calls it her sink - a - pool episodes. Is furry scary! Me is furry glad it was not a serious fur you!

So ZH of Zoolatry tells us we can come to purrs fur you to feels better. So you has our purrs and mine mommy's prayers that you is 200% furry soon
Your furend, TK

Pip said...

Me is sorry you had a nap in the middle of standing up. Mine mommy has this some times, her calls it her sink - a - pool episodes. Is furry scary! Me is furry glad it was not a serious fur you!

So ZH of Zoolatry tells us we can come to purrs fur you to feels better. So you has our purrs and mine mommy's prayers that you is 200% furry soon
Your furend, TK

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Sorry our first visit to your blog has to be under the circumstances, but we heard about your emergency hospital visit and were concerned. Please take care and know that we're sending purrs and prayers to all of you. xx

Julie, Tinker, Chopin and Anastasia

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMD OMD Miss KIM... don't SCARE us this way... We are so sorry that you had that bad experience... BUTT we are THRILLED that your Eye is MUCH better.

We are just SO very much THANKFUL that you are out of the hospital and your vision is also better.
NOW you are home with Shasta and Shiloh and they will take very good LOVING care of you.
We are sending you POTP to CONTINUE to improve in EVERY WAY.
HUGS from our hill to YOU.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. I'm so sorry you had to bear this. I will cross my paws for you and I hope will be well.

Asta said...

Deew Shiloh and Shasta
I am so sowwy youw Mom has been so must have been scawy fow hew and fow you
I am sending hew healing smoochie kisses and hopes that hew eyes get lots bettew and she nevew has to go to the hospital again
smoochie kisses

Millie and Walter said...

Wow that sure is scary to pass out and not really know why. We are glad to hear you have family near by that can take care of the BeagleBratz for you. Our mom has promised to get Shiloh's pressie mailed real soon. We have not forgotten about that.

Millie & Walter

Mariodacat said...

oh dear, what a frightening experience for you. I'm purring for you to get better and kitty purrs work magic. So I hope the next report is that you are all better from whatever happened to make you pass out. purr purr purr

Mariodacat said...

P.S. Your two little doggies are soooo cute. M wants to give both of them a big smooch.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That must have been so scry for you. Thank goodness your coworkers knew what to do. And thanks tothe Beaglebratz aunt for her help. Please take it easy - we have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Woos - Phantom, Ciara,and Lightning

Two French Bulldogs said...

Very scary. I am sending lots of hugs your way

Jans Funny Farm said...

We're thrilled you got some good news on your eye. That's great.

But what a scary time for you. We're glad you're home and home you are feeling better soon.

Karen Jo said...

I am so very glad that your eye is so much better. My Mom also had aortal valve stenosis and passed out once from dehydration. Make sure you get lots of fluids in you.

Maggie May said...

Sending you lots and lots of healing vibes!

Maggie May and The Creek Cats

Brian's Home Blog said...

Miss Kim, we are all sending our best purrs and prayers to you...and lots of hugs too.

Team Tabby said...

What a worrisome time you had! We are still going to send our best purrs that you continue to get better!



Anonymous said...

Guys, you keep you eyes on Mom, yes it did come out alright, but you never know when this could happen again!

The Mad Scots

KB said...

I am so glad that you're okay. I had that happen once, just after a bug (like you). It taught me to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate so it wouldn't happen again.

I am thinking of you.

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Just heard about your scare. So sorry you had to go through that but great news about your eye. Just snuggle up with the pups, it always works for me.

The Mommy, Sarah

Agnes B. Bullock said...

great news for your mom!!!!

Murphy said...

That would be scary! Glad you are feeling better now and everyone is back together. Stay well!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

Sweet William The Scot said...

Your Christmas Card arrived today ~ Thank You. It is scary to suddenly find yourself not knowing what happened and at the mercy of other people taking care of you. Sounds like you were blessed with good friends at work and a knowing hospital staff.
Sweet William The Scot

Taffy said...

Goodness! I can't imagine how scary that was. I am so glad it wasn't anything serious and you are home and feeling better now. That is great news about your epi defect too! I hope it continues to improve.


Just dropping by to wish you well in your recovery and we hope that your good health will return.
Mega purrs